Xavier Roblot on Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:58:21 -0400

Re: padic multiplication bug

Dan Gordon wrote:

> By the way, I ran into this while implementing a new p-adic factoring
> routine.  In version 2.0.10 and before, it was easy to find p-adic
> polynomials which factorpadic couldn't handle, such as
>
>             (x-4)^2 * (x^2-2) + 2^100.
>
> With later versions, factorpadic easily handles this and other examples
> we had.  Is there any documentation about what improvements have
> been made to factorpadic?

The latest version of PARI uses a modified version of Round 4 developed
by D. Ford, S. Pauli and me. You can find a preprint of this new version
on my web page at the following address
http://www.cs.concordia.ca/guest/roblot/  I can also send you a hard
copy if you prefer.

Xavier Roblot