Karim BELABAS on Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:32:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: qfminim, still

[Paul van Wamelen:]
> In the latest cvs version, qfminim with the flag equal to 2 (that is
> for dealing with non-integral coefficients) still seems to have
> problems. If I ask for no vectors to be returned it frequently uses
> far too much stack. If it's just counting vectors it shouldn't need
> much space at all. In the example below you should not need any
> stack. But if I give it stack it eventually gives a segmentation
> fault.

Same problem that one of your patches was addressing [empty set of vectors
destroyed by garbage collection]. One of my later fixes [save result as a
clone, don't put it back on stack] re-introduced the problem in a different
guise. Hopefully all is correct now.

  Karim.
__
Karim Belabas                    email: Karim.Belabas@math.u-psud.fr
Dep. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425
Universite Paris-Sud             Tel: (00 33) 1 69 15 57 48
F-91405 Orsay (France)           Fax: (00 33) 1 69 15 60 19
--
PARI/GP Home Page: http://www.parigp-home.de/