Karim BELABAS on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:54:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: PATCH: prettyprinter and colors

[Ilya:]
>>    The only tune up I did was for the contrast of the most significant
>>    parts of the output.  Also: darkbg is not tuned up for contrast yet.
>
> I checked, and the following gives much better results wrt contrast on
> black background both on a PC console, and on a correctly configured
> color xterm (do not have unconfigured one, so cannot be sure ;-).
[...]
> FYI: my xtermc is configured to have high-bit-set colors (8..15) to be
> brighter than the corresponding colors (0..7), and I think I also
> asked for the translation of bold to color.  (Do not remember the
> details, but probably it is more or less default behaviour.)

Well, I do have an unconfigured color_xterm, and without the bold to color
translation (this is the default), it looks horrible (kinda fuzzy in fact).

I'll check on a console at home, but I'd rather let the default alone...

  Karim.
__
Karim Belabas                    email: Karim.Belabas@math.u-psud.fr
Dep. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425
Universite Paris-Sud             Tel: (00 33) 1 69 15 57 48
F-91405 Orsay (France)           Fax: (00 33) 1 69 15 60 19
--
PARI/GP Home Page: http://www.parigp-home.de/