Bill Allombert on Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:15:01 +0100 (MET)

Re: [PARI] about the behavior of install()

>Why?  The example above shows that "lib" prefix only matters.

No! Why do you want to name it starting with lib ? there no reason
ever !  You want to use libraries not destined to PARI under GP ? But
how do you expect to share datas ? I did it for a small part of NTL
and I needed to write small conversion routine, and then PARI function
to do the conversion, the real NTL call and the conversion back. And
if you compile code for PARI modules, why do you want to name then
libxxx on some system and xxx on others ?

Bill.