Unknown on Tue Jun 10 22:08:37 2008

[no subject]

3    nice to have
[...]
3  switch to autoconf

I'm willing to volunteer for this, if it is still something that would be
"nice to have" and nobody else is doing it. After reading the Configure
script carefully, it looks like it would be hard to make a configure script
(notice the lowercase c :-) as "smart" as that, so some functionality would
have to be sacrificed (and asking questions interactively would definitely
have to go away). I can be more specific about this later, but first I
wanted to make sure that people are willing to get rid of the carefully
hand-written Configure, and also learn if someone is already working on
this.

Cheers,
Matias.