Igor Schein on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:42:14 -0400

Re: 22- polgalois()

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 07:09:52PM +0200, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> > OK, I've undone the polgalois() change, so that the old naming scheme is back
> > in effect (sigh). There's a new boolean default new_galois_format: if set to
> > true, you'll get the new format [set to false = 0] by default. I will
> > eventually set it to true, someday.
>
> Read:
>
>   if set to true, you'll get the new format [it is set to false = 0 by default].

? \d
   buffersize = 1024
   colors = "t"
   compatible = 0 (no backward compatibility)
   debug = 0
   debugfiles = 0
   debugmem = 0
   echo = 0 (off)
   format = g0.38
   help = "/home/ingvar/local/pari/bin/gphelp"
   histsize = 5000
   lines = 0
   log = 0 (off)
   logfile = "pari.log"
   new_galois_format = 0 (off)
  ***   bug in GP (Segmentation Fault), please report

I see that with debug 64bit binaries on both Solaris and HPUX.

BTW, all other boolean variables don't contain underscore.  Purily
from aesthetical viewpoint, is there a reason to introduce one with
them?

Thanks

Igor