Bill Allombert on Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:36:03 +0100

Re: Configure

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:01:33AM +0100, Karim BELABAS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I chose to leave the interactive parts ($fastread != yes) in the middle of
> the scripts.
>
> Now, it remains to clean that up. E.g DYNLIBS, DYNFLAGS, DYNRELOC are defined
> for the sole purpose of libpari.dll on Cygwin, which never worked ( I think I
> went as far as to make it compile, but gp-dyn crashed on startup [gp-sta is
> alright] ).
>
> I _think_ the most obvious kludges are gone, but some may remain. Possibly
> some files should be broken further.

Thanks a lot for taking the time of doing this.
Of course that break all my patches against Configure :)

Now we need to document each
case "$osname-$arch" in
to say what they are supposed to do.

BTW, is
. config/foo bar1 bar2 bar3
portable ?

There are several things I would like to change in configure:

1) Respect of environment variables CC,LD,DLLD,CFLAGS, etc...
The LD value is clobbered

2) Better gcc handling. Use gcc -print-prog-name=ld to find ld
and use gcc for linking with proper -Wl, options.