David Cleaver on Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:01:36 -0600

Re: Pari results...

Karim BELABAS wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, David Cleaver wrote:
> > Thank you for all your help getting this to work.  Here are the 'make
> > dobench' results for me (in case you wanna add it to the "machines"
> > file):
> > PentiumIV   1800MHz   WindowsXP   gcc-3.2   1384! -   2.2.5
> > ! - install() didn't work
>
> Thanks ! Which version of Cygwin was this ? 1.3.x ?

Yes, I downloaded Cygwin for the first time 3 (or 4) days ago and so I
got version 1.3.20-1.  I'm not sure when they first added it (its hard
to find that kind of info on the cygwin site), but I did find some sort
of a gcc-3.2 folder that was created back in November.

> Well, "installing Cygwin" means nothing more than copying cygwinxxx.dll (~1MB?)
> alongside gp-sta.exe. That shouldn't prevent anyone from using the binary you
> compiled !
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Karim.

Ah, at first I thought there might have been more special files that
came with the cygwin environment that helped make gp-sta run properly.
But copying to a separate folder and running it I see I only need the
cygwin1.dll.  Thanks again for the help.

-David C.