Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:17:22 -0800

Re: group identification patch

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:25:28PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> The point of the description system is to be able to document functions
> that are not GP function, and to be able to just do install(func)
> without guessing the prototype.

I may be wrong, but IMO the prototype is the lest important issue
here.  What is important is to have the information about available
algorithms implemented (prefererably with limitations described).  All
I ask for is a canonical location to start further investigation.

Something similar to TODO file; it is not necessary to have the info
in a computer-parsable way (though an example install() invocation for
each guy would not hurt).  How to name the file?  Why not
NOT-INSTALLED-algorithms?

Yours,
Ilya