Karim BELABAS on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 04:01:51 +0200 (MEST)

Windows Installer

Hi developers,

  I have built a simple Windows installer for Pari using NullSoft's free
scriptable install system.

  ftp://megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unstable/Pari.exe

[4.6MB archive, 8.5MB installed]

** CAVEAT **: I'm completely clueless about Windows, and it's my first
experience with package building on Windows (it was not pleasant, btw).
So I may have made a dreadful mistake. It seems to work at least on XP
(I installed / uninstalled it at least thirty times today, it didn't crash
the server or corrupt the registry, or at least not in a conspicuous way).

Besides (readline+install)-enabled gp, this test release includes:
0) a copy of the GPL
1) PDF manuals           [ ... Acrobat Reader not included ... ]
2) full online help (gphelp)
3) prettyprinter (tex2mail, try \o3)
4) minimal set of support files so that the above work out of the box
(libpari.dll, cygwin1.dll, libreadline.dll, libncurses.dll, perl)

The installer sets
1) Start Menu entry
2) Desktop link      [ ... no dedicated icon yet ... ]
3) uninstall support (via Start Menu or Windows Add/Remove)

I did not include galdata yet.

I did not find a way to modify the Color properties of the GP window from
the installer [ colors looks much nicer in light background ].

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                     Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathématiques, Bât. 425   Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19