Franck MICHEL on Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:24:15 +0200

Bug report about GMP Kernel

I'm doing computations with series of floating point complex coefficients,
4500 digits. I've installed Pari 2.2.6 with GMP Kernel and I'm very
satisfied by its  speed (about 3 times faster than Pari 2.1.0)

With simple programs, all works fine.
But with more complicated programs, the values obtained are wrong.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to identify a simple operation (division,
power...) generating a false result. Therefore, I've simply shortened a
program to keep the first wrong result obtained.

The program uses relatively large data files in input, so I preferred to
use a web page for the bug report, rather than to send it by mail. You'll
find at

http://www.medicis.polytechnique.fr/~fmichel/buggpgmp.html

the program, the result with Pari 2.1.0 (which seems to be correct) and the
result with Pari 2.2.6 with GMP Kernel (which is wrong). More precisely:
the program computes a matrix vum[i,j] which is correct as long as i<=9,
and which is false if i=10.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

 Franck Michel