Bill Allombert on Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:31:02 +0100

New build logs

Hello PARI developers,

I have set up more machines generating build logs:
(see <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/buildlog.html>)

Sparc: variant v9, v8_micro, v8_super
x86: w/ gcc 2.96
x86: w/ portable kernel
alpha: w/ gmp (thanks to Phil Carmody)

What we need most currently are ia64 and powerpc.
That would allow PARI to have better support for those architecture,
by notifying us of problem earlier.

The requirement to set up such automatic process are modest:
--- You need a box running 24/24 with internet access.
--- You need sufficient free ressource to build PARI from scratch
once a day.
--- You need internet access to download the source via CVS and mail the
log (automatically).
--- You don't need root or similar priviledges.

Please contact me if you are interested.