Bill Allombert on Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:47:34 +0100

Some patches I have

Hello PARI-dev,

I have three patches in my PARI tree.

1) patch for factormod to use 3 times less memory for small primes.

2) patch for polrecip to take an extra parameter:
  polrecip(P)=x^poldegree(P)*subst(P,x,1/x)
  polrecip(P,n)=x^n*subst(P,x,1/x)

3) patch of a function to compute all the squareroot of an integer
  modulo an arbitrary integer (require the factorisation).

1) would be best done with a new API (Fl_x). Unfortunately I don't have
a complete pattern of what this API should be.

2) can be used for a simple Montgomery reduction implementation. Maybe not
terribly useful.

3) lot of messy code for a messy functionality, lot of special cases.
I wrote it to expand qfsolve() to non-prime integer, but this will be
still more messy.

Opinion?