Igor Schein on Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:36:43 +0100

a couple of gp issues

Hi,

1) I would like to be able to concatenate command line gp options,
e.g. "gp -qf" instead of "gp -q -f".  And while we're at it, why not
have each option have both short and long variant, like every GNU
package out there.  Right now, for instance, -q doesn't have
--quiet (or --silent) counterpart, and --test doesn't have -t
counterpart.

2) Let's say I am piping a bunch of commands to gp, and I wanna skip
the one that takes too long and continue with the rest of the input.
I press ^C, and it does just that. However, if I need to ^C some time
later, it gets trapped somehow.  Here's a simple example:

% cat << EOD | gp -q -f
> \e
> while(1,)
> while(1,)