Bill Allombert on Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:22:34 +0100

Re: PARI server downtime

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 07:08:32PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:01:51PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Hello PARI developers,
> >
> > During the last few days, the pari server was rebooting every eight hours or so.
>
> The plan has switched to replacing the server, and that will not be done
> until tomorrow evening (UTC) at best and probably not before monday
> evening.

The server have been replaced. The new server is similar to the old one
but is a dual-cpu Athlon MP 2200+ instead of 1800+ with 1GB of RAM.

We have restored all data from the old SCSI disk, the new server having
only IDE disks.

Everything should work as previously. If anything is strange, please
tell me!

Do not expect that the new server will be any more reliable than the old
one, though.