Bill Allombert on Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:11:02 +0200

Re: prime/primes performance

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:41:08AM -0800, Phil Carmody wrote:
> One other thing that I'd be interested in is a nextprime/precprime which takes
> a modular relation, and only returns primes satisfying that relation.
> e.g. nextprime(10^12,Mod(1,49152))
> Does that sound useful to anyone else? (For example Noll/Bell's 'calc' has such
> a function option.)

What would I need personnaly is a forprime variant that only output primes
that have a particular decomposition pattern in a extension.

One of the problem is that the GP language does not allow to implement
new forprime-like routine in GP nicely.