Bill Allombert on Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:31:13 +0200

Re: Proposed elldata database at the PARI workshop

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 03:02:42PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > If I'm allowed to add one more wishlist item: a function ellgens(E),
> > returning the generators of the rational elliptic curve E.  This
> > shouldn't be too hard to implement using ellidentify() and then looking
> > up the generators of the curbe.
> >
> > Hypothetical example:
> > gp> E = ellinit("9744C2");
> > gp> ellgens(E)
> > %40 = [[-11, 14], [-10, 18]]
>
> Yes, this is planned, but I need to rewrite the elldata files to include
> the generators. If you could provide a script that build the new elldata
> files from John Cremona database, that would help a lot!

John was kind enough to send me a version of his database in GP
format, so I have rebuild the archive (still available at
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/elldata.tar.gz>).

I have not yet updated the patch to support the extra info, but you can
already do with the current patch:

? ellsearch("9744C2")[3]
%1 = [[-11, 14], [-10, 18]]

to get the generators.