Igor Schein on Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:10:47 +0200

output format

Hi,

Sometimes when I type, for example, factor(360), I'd like to see

2^3 * 3^2 * 5

I wrote my own function to do that, but I think it'd be useful to
enable users to see output in this format at some value of
default(output).  Recalling my work with Mathematica, this is called
an input format, i.e. something pastable back to gp as input.  So
maybe there should be a new value of default(output) specifically for
input format?

Thanks

Igor