Jeffrey Stopple on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:15:12 +0100

GMP with stable v. development release

Hi All,

I just noticed the PARI/GP webpage says 'The GNU MP library can be used as a replacement for the native multiprecision kernel of the development release.' The documentation does not mention this restriction. Is it really not possible to configure --with-gmp the stable release?

(Right now I can't configure --with-gmp at all. In GMP 4.2: 'The solib numbers for the shared version of libgmp and libgmpxx are very wrong, making it appear older than version 4.1.4.' Then ./Configure --with-gmp gives me # Your version of GMP is too old for PARI. Please upgrade
# Building without GNU MP support.)

Thanks,

Jeff Stopple