Jason Moxham on Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:38:15 +0200

Re: Pari svn on MSVC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Allombert" <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr>
To: <pari-dev@list.cr.yp.to>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: Pari svn on MSVC

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 09:54:40PM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Allombert"
I attach a patch that check for alamr in Configure and set HAS_ALARM
accoridingly. I suppose it address your issue since since HAS_ALARM is not
defined in Odos/paricfg.h. However it would be better to add an
alternative
implementation for MSVC.

Thanks , I'll look in to an alternative , it can certainly be done using
threads , but there must be an easier way , I'll ask someone who knows...

Are you running the Configure script ?

Not using the configure script directly for MSVC.

I really wonder if there are system where Configure is used and alarm
does not exist. If not, the Configure part of the patch is useless.

MSYS/MinGW32/64  runs the Configure script and does not have alarm , this

OK, this is sufficient for applying the patch (done as revision 11796).

is quite likely to be the only one , ever , unless Microsfot ship a bash
shell :)

Well, I heard that bash had been ported to Windows ?

Thats what MSYS/MinGW is , unless there's another one , but configure requires quite a bit more than just bash

How do you generate the kernel files ?

At the moment I generate the bison/perl/sh stuff from cygwin , and good old command.com ;(
I'll post it ,once I've given it a cleanup.

Thanks , there is another instanst of alarm in gp.c that needs the HAS_ALARM around it , line 1543