Jason Moxham on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:08:43 +0200

Re: win32 graphics

On Saturday 10 October 2009 22:31:57 Jason Moxham wrote:
> On Saturday 10 October 2009 18:46:18 Bill Allombert wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 05:17:54PM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:
> > > Thanks , hopefully before the end of the year I will get time to finish
> > > it all off. I've have added msvc "assembler" intrinsics and some timing
> > > routines so we can get a benchmark for pari with win32 , all the code
> > > for this is available here
> > >
> > > http://code.google.com/p/sage-
> > > windows/source/browse/packages/branches/#branches/pari-svn
> > >
> > > which I'm hoping when you get time you will merge into the current svn
> > > .
> >
> > I would much prefer if an automated test-build system be available before
> > I apply this patch. That could work that way:
> > The pari machine would generate a pari tarball of the day, and some
> > Windows machine somewhere would automatically download it, build it and
> > send the log via email to the pari machine, every day or every week.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Bill.
>
> Yeah , I see if can get something done about it , if so then we can test
> cygwin/mingw32,msvc32  and when comprehensible mingw64 (although pari may
> not be compatible with it, if the "min" in "mingw" is true, ie windows
> native C lib)
>
> Jason

Hi

For example , for cygwin , if I run this notional script every week

#!/bin/bash
PARISVN=parisvn
TMPDIR=/tmp/paritmp
#svn checkout svn://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pari/trunk $PARISVN
cd $PARISVN
svn update
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then exit 1  ; fi
rm -rf $TMPDIR
cp -r . $TMPDIR
#copy in optional packages
cd $TMPDIR
(./Configure && make gp && make test-all) > log 2>&1
# could build with/without gmp
#email log
#cd
#rm -rf $TMPDIR

What sort of output would you want emailed to you ?

and for mingw/msys , I would get this script to run an instance of cmd.exe and
run the other builds from that. I want to keep as much in bash as possible.

Jason