Bill Allombert on Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:19:01 +0200

Re: bison?

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 04:47:14PM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> On 21 July 2010 12:51, Bill Allombert
> <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux1.fr> wrote:
> That's very helpful -- thanks or explaining it.  (Perhaps Jason meant
> the same thing, but I did not understand his reply).
>
> I am keen to use a recent svn because of some specific changes and
> bugfixes.  Do you know when there will next be a proper PARI tarball
> released, or can I make my own (as Jason suggested)?  (Is what "make
> release means?)

Yes, you can make your own.
Do
make bench
make doc
make alpha
and you should get a tarball pari-2.4.3.alpha.tar.gz in the pari directory.
The only issue is that this does not indicate the SVN version it is based on.

Maybe we should add a target 'svnrelease' that include the SVN version in the
tarball somehow.