Bill Allombert on Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:12:47 +0200

Re: Re: patch for pari for building with msvc

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:33:04AM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:
> Nor am I , cmd.com batch language is horrible (deceptive as well ,
> reading existing batch files is easy , but just try doing anything
> non trivial), I tried doing a make bench equivalent , but after 4
> hours of hell I gave up , the parser/lexer changes for each
> different command ie a echo in a for loop is parsed differently from
> an echo not in a for loop . I refuse to do anything more in dos
> batch files :)

Hello Jason,

Sometimes ago, I managed to cross-compile and test PARI on MinGW on the pari host,
and I have report that it is possible to build PARI on MinGW using MSYS.

So I wonder: instead of fighting with cmd.com, why not use MSYS to build pari with
MSVC ? This should make the task significantly easier.