Bill Allombert on Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:58:05 +0100

Re: A patch for native PARI/GP build on Windows (Mingw+Msys)

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 06:05:15PM +0200, Vasili Burdo wrote:
> Hi, Bill!
>
> >I do not understand what this is doing. Cannot you do that in Configure
> >instead ?
> It generates default GPDATADIR based on location of executable module.
> Let's have gp.exe at "C:\Program Files\GP\gp.exe". Then, this
> function will return GPDATADIR as "C:\Program Files\GP\gp-data"
>
> The problem is that fixed path "/usr/local/share/pari" does not make
> any sense on Windows. I'd like to keep data along with executable
> module, so I can put it on memory stick and use it everywhere
> without extra reconfiguration.
>
> On Windows standard location for data files is something like
> "C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name|All Users)\Application
> Data\(Software Name)" and it may change depend on location where
> Windows is installed.
> So, I believe my approach is correct, but we should negotiate
> correct location of GP data dir.

Hello Vasili,
I have applied a variant of you patch:
On mingw you can now Configure PARI with
./Configure --datadir=@
and datadir will be set to win32_GPDATADIR() at run-time.

This option is used when compiling the daily GP windows binaries starting at
svn 12711.