Bill Allombert on Sun, 02 Oct 2011 17:31:50 +0200

Experimental PARI/GP Windows installer binary

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:58:47PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear PARI-dev,
>
> I have improved the build process for the windows stand-alone GP binary.
> Now binaries are built with readline support and with optional GMP5 support.
> As always they are available at
>
> <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/windows/snapshots/>
> Please test.
> If the binaries works correctly, we might be able to provide an installer
> package again (using mingw instead of cygwin).

I have made available an experimental installer package at
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/~bill/mingw/PARI-2-6.exe>
This includes PARI and all the optional packages, with support for GMP5 and readline.

The file gprc was renamed to gprc.txt to make it easier to edit on Windows.

Known issues:
- The breakloop can cause crashes, so it is disable.
- The color of the prompt cannot be changed because.
- The file gp_history.txt might not be written at the right location.

All this is mostly tested under wine, so please report success, failure and problems
with real Windows systems.