Bill Allombert on Mon, 06 Aug 2012 12:22:15 +0200

Re: [a<-b,f(a)]

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 10:23:14AM +0200, Karim Belabas wrote:
> One remote possibility would be to get rid of 'filtre' (or let it treat
> comments only) and make spaces significant, as they always should have
> been :-(. Then we could have the even more natural
>
>   [ a in b, f(a) ]

Unfortunately, both 'in' and '<-' are valid two charater sequences.
So using 'in' instead of '<-' would not make any difference, unless you want to
forbid variables to be called "in".

I do not think it is a sensible idea to allow names to be operators at this stage.
We need to keep some unity in the language.