Bill Allombert on Sat, 01 Feb 2014 20:57:49 +0100

Re: bb_field.{sub,div}

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 05:09:54PM +0000, Peter Bruin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While experimenting with some more linear algebra over finite fields, I
> noticed that the bb_field structure did not have subtraction and
> division.  Of course they can be emulated using the other functions, but
> it would still nice to have them, if only for completeness.

But then the price is paid by whoever need to provide a new bb_field
instance. It was a design goal of the blackbox interface to require
only a minimal set of methods to be provided. I am not in favor of
adding methods before there are a practical use for them.