Bill Allombert on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:23:36 +0100

Re: Branch bill-mt for parallel pari commited to master

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 07:08:54PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear PARI developers,
>
> I have finally commited the branch bill-mt to master
> This branch rovides support for parallel PARI operations for
> - POSIX threads: do
> - MPI (for clusters)
>
> The documentation is available in
> doc/parallel.dvi
>
> The following parallel GP functions are available:
> parapply, pareval, parsum, parvector, parfor and parforprime.

PARI 2.6.2 which has been released soe time ago include this.
Also In january I added support for install() for MPI.

As a result code compiled with gp2c-run can be used in parallel GP,
and since GP2C does not use any global GP variables, there is no
need to use inline() etc. to work around global variables issues.