Charles Greathouse on Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:04:13 +0200

Re: ispseudoprimepower()

I don't love the explosion of similar functions, but I would certainly use ispseudoprimepower() if it were implemented. (I would cry softly about no longer being able to type isps - TAB to get ispseudoprime(), though.)

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Jeroen Demeyer <jdemeyer@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
On 2014-09-09 21:33, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
Sage currently has such a function but implemented not as efficiently as
isprimepower(). You can imagine such a function being used to implement
the construction of finite fields (In Sage, the constructor takes the
order q as parameter)

I could easily implement this in PARI if you want...
In attachment a patch implementing the libpari function ispseudoprimepower(). If you think this patch is a good idea, I can add the corresponding GP function and documentation.