Jeroen Demeyer on Sat, 09 May 2015 16:18:11 +0200

OS X: ??sumnummon does not work

Hello pari-dev,

I have a mysterious problem and I wonder if you have an explanation for it. On a recent OS X system, with

GP/PARI CALCULATOR Version 2.8.0 (development git-d04cdd3)
[not the latest master, but pretty close]

I get

? ??sumnummon
'sumnummon' not found !

but this works:

? ?sumnummon
sumnummon(n=a,f,{tab}): numerical summation from n = a to +infinity using Monien summation.

and most other functions seem to work also:

? ??sumnum
sumnum(X = a,sig,expr,{tab},{flag = 0}):

   Numerical summation of expr,  the variable X taking integer values
[...]

How could it happen that the help for one particular function does not work? Do you have any debugging hints?

Cheers,
Jeroen.