Bill Allombert on Thu, 08 Oct 2015 17:26:12 +0200

Re: Faster digits and fromdigits in base 2^k, and FlxqM_mul_Kronecker

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 02:53:30PM +0200, Peter Bruin wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> My motivation for this was mostly to speed up multiplication of matrices
> over non-prime finite fields of small characteristic (FlxqM).  I am
> attaching a second patch (FlxqM_mul_Kronecker.patch) that enhances
> Kronecker multiplication for FlxqM to use the above functions for
> packing into and unpacking from integer matrices in cases where it
> allows us to pack the entries in fewer words per entry than the
> (half-)word-aligned packing that is used now.

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your patch!

Is that method applicable to ZX_mul and Flx_mul ?
(What about ZX_eval2BILspec/Z_mod2BIL_ZX (and
Flx_mulspec_mulii_inflate/Z_mod2BIL_Flx)) ?

Cheers,
Bill