Bill Allombert on Tue, 17 Nov 2015 23:38:22 +0100

Re: Flm_sub, FpM_sub

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:24:36PM +0100, Peter Bruin wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> PARI currently has functions Flm_add and FpM_add, but no corresponding
> functions Flm_sub and FpM_sub.  I found myself needing these (for LQUP
> decomposition based on matrix multiplication), so I implemented them;
> see the attached patch.

Applied, thanks!

> There currently do not seem to be other places inside the PARI library
> where we can immediately use these new functions.  However, this could
> easily change in the future, so I hope they can still be included.

The coverage report
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/lcov-report/basemath/FpV.c.gcov.html>
shows that Flv_sub is not used. This function was added in February 2008.
So let's say that I am not optimistic.

We need some way to test functions that are not used by GP.