Karim Belabas on Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:13:22 +0200

Re: gzeta not documented in libpari.{dvi,pdf}

* Charles Greathouse [2016-08-19 01:28]:
> While correcting some code of mine (to remove references to czeta, since it
> is now static) I noticed that gzeta isn't mentioned in libpari. The only
> mention is in ??zeta.

It's an old design choice:

1) Every GP function description in the GP manual (users.pdf) contains a
link to the library syntax ("The library syntax is ...").

2) In general, that particular function is not documented a second time
in the libpary manual (libpari.pdf)

The disadvantage is that lots of C functions are not mentioned in the
libpari manual, like gzeta (exactly 816 missing functions). Most GP
users do not care about the C syntax either, so the GP manual could be
made a little shorter.

On the plus side, we avoid duplication, libpari.pdf is correspondingly
shorter, and the GP users that *do* care about libpari programming have
an easier task linking GP functions to their C equivalent...

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite de Bordeaux         Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50