Gerhard Niklasch on Wed, 4 Mar 1998 02:29:38 +0100

Re: Strange behavior with Red Hat linux 5.0

Responding to
> Date: 	Wed, 4 Mar 1998 00:54:03 +0100
> From: Roland Dreier <dreier@math.berkeley.edu>
>
> No, I actually rebuilt gp before I tried it with the new version of
> linux[...]

Ok, then it's something else...  could you rebuild it with debugging
flags turned on, run it under gdb or some such thing, and obtain a
stack trace at the moment of the segfault?

(Actually, stack trace should work even with the optimized executable)

Just to rule out weird coincidences, you have applied Official Patch 14?
(I just found out the hard way that I hadn't. :^)

Enjoy, Gerhard

Btw (please listen everybody):  Dan Bernstein's list server is _fast_.
When you (plural) respond via one of the lists to someone who is obviously
also reading this list  (I happen to be the guy who is archiving them on
the website, so I should have thought I'd be obvious! ;^),  please do _not_
also Cc the person unless they specifically asked to do so;  and when you
respond to the person directly, please do not also Cc the list.

(Getting the same message twice within 10 seconds will not double my
informedness. :^)