Genaldo L Nunes on Sat, 21 Mar 1998 20:12:40 +0100

polroots algorithm

Hello,

    I am new to this list but have been using PARI-GP
for a long time now. Two years  ago  packages  like
MAPLE or MATHEMATICA was very slow in finding roots of
polynomials compared with pari-gp. The new version of
those packages seems faster now (they still have severe
limitations). I want to help improve pari performance
since it is the one that  I use. I will look at the
sources for the modified Newton method... but maybe
someone is doing this already. Please tell me if it
is so.

    Genaldo