Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:53:42 -0400 (EDT)

-KPIC

Do I understand it correct that PARI cannot be put into a shared
library nowadays?  I tried to compile sparc assembler with -K PIC, and
got a segfault.

AFAIK Solaris allows DLLs without -K PIC, but they are not shared.  Do
not know about SunOS4.  Most anyone else requires PIC for shared
libraries - except platforms which have "hard linking" DLLs without
any relocation, like OS/2, AIX, DG-UX (?).

Is there any architecture ((except port ;-) which requires PIC, and
PARI supports it?  Currently the prospect of having PARI as
DynaLoadable Perl extension looks kinda moot...

Ilya