Ilya Zakharevich on Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:08:16 -0500

[pari-dev-help@list.cr.yp.to: ezmlm response]

Sorry, guys, but this goes out of hand.  Below is my try to handle a
pari-dev problem, but the bot below did not specify any human contact
address, thus I'm *forced* to send this directly to the list.

Please note:

       a) No human contact address in the message from pari-dev-help;
       b) Unrelated contact address in the warning from ezmlm;
       c) An attempt to send a malformed mail (which started this
	  whole exchange).

----- Forwarded message from pari-dev-help@list.cr.yp.to -----

Date: 22 Mar 1999 19:02:17 -0000
From: pari-dev-help@list.cr.yp.to
To: ilya@math.ohio-state.edu
Subject: ezmlm response

pari-dev@list.cr.yp.to mailing list.

This is a generic help message. The message I received wasn't sent to
any of my command addresses.

--- Here are the ezmlm command addresses.

I can handle administrative requests automatically.
Just send an empty note to any of these addresses:

   <pari-dev-subscribe@list.cr.yp.to>:
   Receive future messages sent to the mailing list.

   Stop receiving messages.

   <pari-dev-get.12345@list.cr.yp.to>:
   Retrieve a copy of message 12345 from the archive.

DO NOT SEND ADMINISTRATIVE REQUESTS TO THE MAILING LIST!
If you do, I won't see them, and subscribers will yell at you.

to <pari-dev-subscribe-God=heaven.af.mil@list.cr.yp.to>.
I'll send a confirmation message to that address; when you receive that
message, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.

--- Below this line is a copy of the request I received.