Igor Schein on Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:44:41 -0400

gcc performance

Hi,

I'm using gcc/Solaris WorkShop-5.0 assembler combination to build
PARI.  I was wondering how the performance would be effected if I used
gcc/GNU binutils assembler (gas) combination.  If any1 has any
experience or insight to share on this subject, I'd greatly appreciate
it.  Having observed a fairly significant performance difference
( which is also documented somewhere in the PARI distribution )
between WorkShop cc and gcc, I began wondering if the same will hold
for assembler stage.

Thanks

Igor