Bill Daly on Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:59:42 -0400

Version 2.0.16

I have compiled the new version for Windows and it appears to work OK. I
still haven't figured out how to incorporate readline in the Windows
environment, so the command line doesn't behave too nicely.

A couple of small changes:

I added the following lines to paricfg.h in the win32 directory. The
purpose is to avoid annoying warning messages when compiling with the
Microsoft compiler.

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma warning(disable: 4013 4018 4146 4244 4761)
#endif

Note that _MSC_VER should only be defined when compiling with MSVC.

Along the same lines, compiling a version with full optimization fails
in sumiter.c presumably because of a bug in MSVC. The error occurs in
the polzagreel() function, and I worked around it by including the
following just before polzagreel():

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma optimize("g",off)
#endif

and the following just after it:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma optimize("g",on)
#endif

This disables full optimization for just that one function.

Regards,

Bill
they are addressed.