Michael Somos on Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:43:50 -0400 (EDT)

ellpointtoz() buggy

Karim,

Thanks for your candid report on the problematic implementation of
ellpointtoz(). I did not know there was a problem before with the
way ellpointtoz() is implemented. Maybe now that it is known that
this has problems, someone who is knowledgeable can suggest robust
code which will work in GP/PARI. Unfortunately, my expertise does
not extend that far as yet. However, I have great hopes that some
other people will respond to the challenge. Shalom, Michael

--
Michael Somos <somos@grail.cba.csuohio.edu>     Cleveland State University
http://grail.cba.csuohio.edu/~somos/            Cleveland, Ohio, USA 44115