Jean-Marc Sac-Epée on Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:20:31 +0100

Re: inlinling for Alpha

--------------31F0FB020C04662358C9E709

Igor Schein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to find out if there're enough Dec Alpha users on the
> list to generate interest in inlining for gcc on Alpha, like it has
> done for Intel.  Right now, gp runs slightly slower on my 600MHz
> Alpha machine than on 450MHz Pentium, even though SPECbenches for
> Alpha are way better.  I am willing to provide my own time and effort
> for that, but I need some directions.
>
> Thanks
>
> Igor

Is your OS  a Dec unix or Linux for Dec?
With Linux, my 500MHz Alpha machine becomes wheezy, and I finally
abandonned my beloved Linux (with heavy heart...) on this machine.

Jean-Marc

--------------31F0FB020C04662358C9E709

begin:vcard
n:Sac-Epée;Jean-Marc