Karim BELABAS on Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:13:58 +0100 (MET)

Re: GPRC

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Bill Daly wrote:
> Karim BELABAS wrote:
>>or  the place indicated by environment
>>variable %GPRC [ no idea how you set that on modern Windows, DOS used to have
>>the AUTOEXEC.BAT thing, but it apparently got dumped. Don't have a Windows
>>box myself to try this out... ].
>>
> You can set the default values of the environment variables under every
> version of Windows. On my Win2k system, you go to Control
> Panel/System/Advanced/Environment variables and change them there. It
> may be in a somewhat different location under other versions. I hope
> that the actual variable is named GPRC, not %GPRC. To reference an
> environment variable in a DOS script, you write %GPRC%, but you set it
> via SET GPRC=value.

Sure, typo there. 'GPRC' is the correct name.

I also forgot: %HOME%/_gprc is checked, where HOME is set by default to

  %HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%

(unless you or your shell set it to some other value...)

Thanks,

    Karim.

P.S: on Unix systems, the above applies provided you replace % pairs by a
leading $, '_' by '.', '\' by '/' and possibly a few other things...

$HOME/.gprc and /etc/gprc are the 2 _really_ standard places [ i.e don't mess
with $GPRC unless you run gp2c or have machine-dependant startup files ]
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19