Gottfried Barthel on Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:35:26 +0100 (MET)

Re: Problem with Pari for the Mac etc

Hello Pari experts,

here is a brief P.S. to my previous message, a short quotation from the
official announcement of Pari 2.1 (Copyright (C) 2000 The PARI Group) on

http://www.gn-50uma.de/ftp/pari-2.1/manuals/Announce.2.1

At the end of the section "2) Binaries:", one reads :

>> We plan to add native Windows and PowerPC Macintosh binaries real soon
>> now.

Well, Mac users are painfully aware of being a _very_ small minority, and
the manpower of voluntary developers is clearly limited, so one has to put
the right priorities -- still, I could not resist ... (and I can't resist
to mention that the GAP team has managed to provide an up-to-date Mac
implementation of the current version!)

Regards,

Gottfried Barthel