Karim BELABAS on Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:27:40 +0100

Re: Pari.exe (2.2.7) for Windows

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Esteban Crespi de Valldaura wrote:
> 1) After using Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Break for stopping a computation it does no
> longer work, (you have to reinitiate PARI). (note however that this happened
> also in the DOS version)

I'll look into this. Not sure whether I can fix it...

> 2) I have not been able to configure readline or GP in order to make
> Ctrl-Leftarrow or Ctrl-Rightarrow to go to the previous/next word. Does
> anybody know how to do it?

1) You need to create a '.inputrc' file for readline. Define the environment
variable 'INPUTRC', and set it to the location of your '.inputrc' file

[ full path to the file, which doesn't have to be actually called
.inputrc ... ]

2) Find out exactly what is understood by readline when you hit a combination
of keys ( try Ctrl-V then hit the combination of keys, it prints out what
you're looking for ). On my system, Ctrl-LeftArrow produces ^[[5D

3) In .inputrc, you can associate actions to sequences of keypresses, e.g

  "\e[5C": forward-word
  "\e[5D": backward-word

does what you want, on _my_ system (Linux box).

[ Note: the standard sequence of keys for this effect is Meta-b and Meta-f ]

> 3) Suppose you modify the quick-access icon to say PARI to begin in other
> directory (say D:\TEMP), then the extended help does not longuer work,  even
> though it reads the .gprc file. It gives the following message:
>     ?? format
>     /usr/local/lib/pari/doc not found at C:/Archivos de
> programa/Componentes/PARI/gphelp line 143.

I'll fix this.

Thanks,

    Karim.
--
Karim Belabas                     Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathématiques, Bât. 425   Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19