Bill Allombert on Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:48:02 +0100

Re: Building under Fedora 8: missing exp2 and log2

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:48:52PM -0800, Rob McMillin wrote:
> I'm building -- or trying to build -- Pari under Fedora 8 using all
> stock parts, with all the pieces up to date. This means GCC 4.1.2 under
> Linux i386 kernel 2.6.23-15. I get an "I did not find" error for both
> exp2 and log2; it appears that exp2 and log2 are implemented as #define
> macros, which fools the detection mechanism in has_exp2.c and
> has_log2.c, which seem to be looking for a linkable function with the
> exact name. There is an underlying function to handle this, but there
> are layers of macros that obscure the actual function calls. Any help
> you could offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your report!

I can reproduce the this issue but it does not prevent the build to
complete here. See for example:
http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/buildlogs/95a98c6f-3195-4782-bafe-ea8d4147f2da

I do not know whether we want to actually use exp2 and log2 in this
case, we might reopen the problem solved by 2.2.8-F43:

2.2.8-F43- Configure was missing log2/exp2 on systems that had it