Hamish Ivey-Law on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:06:05 +0200

Accessing the ellsea function from Pari 2.4.3 (svn-r11688)

Hello Pari-users,

I would like to be able to access the function

  GEN ellsea(GEN E, GEN p, long EARLY_ABORT)

defined in  src/modules/ellsea.c  from the GP command-line.  I know this is
indirectly accessible via the  ellap  command, but I would like to be able
to use the early abort feature which is not accessible via  ellap.  I
thought all I had to do was

? install("ellsea", "GGL")

but, although this makes  ellsea  show up in the list of available commands,
when I try to use it I get a bus error:

? ellsea(E, p, 1)
  ***   bug in PARI/GP (Bus Error), please report
  ***   Break loop: type <Return> three times, or Control-d, to go back to
GP)

(here  p  is a random 128-bit prime and  E  is a random curve over  FF_p).

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?  Is the "GGL" prototype
for the  ellsea  function incorrect, or is this actually a problem in Pari?
In case it matters, I do have the SEAdata package installed.

Thanks in advance,
Hamish.