Ursetti, Jerry on Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:17:01 +0200

Pari/GP on AIX 5.3?

Can Pari/GP 2.3.4 be installed on AIX 5.3 using gcc 4.2.0?

I can successfully run Configure like this:

env CC="gcc" ./Configure

I get this:

Configuring pari-2.3.4 (STABLE)

Checking echo to see how to suppress newlines...

...using \c

Looking for some tools first ...

...ld is /usr/bin/ld

...zcat is /usr/bin/zcat

...gzip is /usr/bin/gzip

...ranlib is /usr/bin/ranlib

...perl is /essbase/usr/bin/perl

...I could not find emacs.

exe: aix-none-ansi540924

CC: gcc

extraflag:

GNU compiler version 4.2.0

Given the previous choices, sizeof(long) is 4 chars.

The internal word representation of a double is l[0], l[1].

Building for architecture: unknown running aix (portable C kernel) 32-bit version

C compiler is          gcc -O3 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer

Executable linker is   gcc  -brtl

Dynamic Lib linker is  gcc  -shared  $(CFLAGS) $(DLCFLAGS) -Wl,-r

Looking in C lib for some symbols...

...Found exp2.

...Found log2.

...Found strftime.

...Found getrusage.

...Found sigaction.

...I did not find TIOCGWINSZ.

...Found getrlimit.

...Found stat.

...Found vsnprintf.

...Found dlopen.

Checking for optional libraries and headers...

...Found libX11 in /usr/lib

...Found X11 header files in /usr/include/X11

...Extra Libraries are

Hi-Res Graphics: X11

### Building without GNU readline support

Installation prefix ? [/usr/local]

...for architecture-independent files (share-prefix) ? [/usr/local/share]

Installation directories for:

...executables (gp, gphelp) ? [/usr/local/bin]

...libraries (libpari) ? [/usr/local/lib]

...include files ? [/usr/local/include]

...manual pages ? [/usr/local/share/man/man1]

...emacs macros ? [/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/pari]

...other system-dependant data ? [/usr/local/lib/pari]

...other system-independant data ? [/usr/local/share/pari]

Default is dynamic executable and shared library

Extracting examples/Makefile.aix-none

Extracting Oaix-none/Makefile

Extracting Makefile

Extracting Oaix-none/paricfg.h

Extracting Oaix-none/../Odos/paricfg.h

Extracting scripts and macros

...in doc

...in emacs

...in misc

S hall we try to build pari 2.3.4 (released) now (y/n)? [n]

Ok. Type "make install" when you are ready

Bye !

Is building without GNU readline support a problem?

The Oaix-none directory is created. It contains:

Makefile

pari.cfg

paricfg.h

When I try to run ‘make all’, I get this:

        rm -f develop.std

        tex develop

tex: not found

make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

make: The error code from the last command is 2.

make: Ignored error code 2 from last command.

Making gp in Oaix-none

The command then hangs. Files named core and funclist-aix-none-540924.tmp are created in Oaix-none.

I don’t get any other errors and nothing ever happens. I end of breaking out of the make command.

How can I find out what is happening with this?

Thanks.

Jerry

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.