Bill Allombert on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:31:48 +0200

Re: Running gp on OS X Lion

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:47:04AM -0400, John Duncan wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> I have attempted to install pari/gp on a machine running OS X 10.7.2
> as per the instructions in the pari install guide available online
> (which worked fine for another machine running OS X 10.6.8). Somewhat
> distressingly the new installation runs, but is confused: it returns
> [1,0,5] when I feed it bezout(5,12). Have there been other reported
> issues with pari on OS X Lion? Is there an easy way to fix them? For
> what it's worth, the result of a make bench is copied below.

This is unfortunately a known issue: Mac OS X 10.7 default compiler
is unable to compile the bezout code correctly.

I advise to compile PARI with gcc 4.4 or 4.5 (not 4.6).

You can find more information on the problem here:
<http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/archives/pari-dev-1108/msg00000.html>