Mehari on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:51:59 +0200

Accessing functions inside .gp files

I am newbie thus please forgive me if my request is trivial! I want to read a
file of gp extension. And in that file, I have functions. How could call these
functions when I want to use it?
Example: In sage notebook()
     1. pari.allocatemem(90000000)
     2. Z.<x>=GF(2)[]
     3. p = x^163 + x^7 + x^6 + x^3 + 1
     4. b = 0x423d0900aeb5645491fee539c297946cbc6a4f1f5
     5. p1 = p.polynomial(x)
     6. bb = Z(b.digits(2))
     7. a1 = gp.Mod(bb._pari_(), p)
     8. pari.read(get_remote_file("http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~yeoh/nt/satoh-fgh.gp";))
     9. gp.ecpc(p1, a1)

When, I try the above code in a terminal, it works fine. But when I try it in
sage notebook(), it works till line 8. And when it reaches 9, it says

Traceback (click to the left of this block for traceback)
  ***   not a function in function call
That means, I am unable to call the function ecpc inside the file. Thus, could
you help me how to access that function being outside?