Sören Lennart Berg on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 04:30:46 +0200

Polynomial division with imprecise types

Hello,
using the PARI library I'm having the following issue:
Let p1,p2 be two (multivariate) polynomials. From the mathematical context I know that p2 divides p1.
However, both may contain imprecise coefficients. e.g. t_REAL's. Using poldivrem() on p1/p2 PARI returns
a rational function (t_RFRAC). Is there a way to obtain p1/p2 as a polynomial, i.e. force PARI to divide p1 by p2?

Thanks,
Sören